Summer Experience

          When I pulled up to my first high school football practice I was exited at first. The grass on the field were perfect green blades. The goal posts was perfectly painted bright yellow. The whole field and practice field were squeaky clean. The sky was blue with perfectly shaped clouds. It wasn't cold and it wasn't hot it was perfect weather. When I walked in to the gym I realized that I was early because the lights were off and I was the only person there. Next, I met my coaches for the first time. I hoped that I would like them because I knew I was going to be spending the next four years listening to them tell me what to do. As I firmly shook each of there hands I realized that this was a group of men that I would work hard for and listen to. As some of the older, tall, bulky linemen walked in some of my excitement turned into fear because I realized that I would have to face kids this size. This motivated me to hit the weight room so that I could gain some weight. I was also relieved when I noticed some of the other freshmen would be in the same boat as me. Once we started our brutal workout of running, jumping, and lifting I became tired. This is when I realized that the season wouldn't be a walk in the park.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hurricane Katrina

Harrison Bergeron

new semester reflection